Friends of the Mountain Dulcimer

Appalachian mountain dulcimer players- make friends, share, learn to play- Free!

This site is just tons of fun, I generally play along on the fiddle. But on the few dulcimer tunes I've got up to speed, I'm hanging in there!  It is a really great way to learn to play along with others, either melody or backing up with chords.  The chords are right there on the page for you, but the melody you'll have to pick out by ear if you don't know the tune already.

http://www.oldtimejam.com/Jam.html

Enjoy!

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you happen to be on Facebook, oldtimejam.com has recently started a page there. 

We bought the lifetime subscription several weeks ago and have gotten another batch of tunes since our initial purchase.  Oh, and chord charts, too.  It was $25 well spent in our house!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

SINGLE INSTRUCTOR WORKSHOPS, Performances, Band Gigs & Special Club Event NOTICES

Offering some special workshops? Performing at a gig? A Dulcimer Club activity? List your SINGLE INSTRUCTOR Special Event or workshop- CLICK HERE!

The Inspired Volunteer FOTMD Welcoming Commitee of the month!

3 CHEERS to members

Jim Fawcett

Karen Keane

John Wood

R N Lacky

Louis Stivali

Kenneth Longfield

Benjamin Barr

John Keane
...For warmly greeting new members and making them feel welcome here on FOTMD!

=============

Visit Strumelia's Beginner Noter-Drone dulcimer Blog

I have a main blog for Traditional style mountain dulcimer playing here: Mountain Dulcimer Noter-drone Blog This is an old style of playing where you only fret your notes on the melody string, while letting the drones strings ring open. In my blog, I express my personal views about playing, I offer free TAB and free beginner videos, and I try to help beginners understand in a very basic simple way the 'mysteries' of playing the mountain dulcimer in traditional modal noter/drone style.

© 2014   Created by Strumelia.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service