Friends of the Mountain Dulcimer

Appalachian mountain dulcimer players- make friends, share, learn to play- Free!

Diane in Chicago's Discussions (211)

Discussions Replied To (56) Replies What everyone's up to!...

"More, more, more!"

Diane in Chicago replied Mar 18, 2013 to Documentary about the mountain dulcimer

77 Jul 24, 2013
Reply by Mark Richardson

"Really?  Do you actually use  peach crates?  I'd love to see those!"

Diane in Chicago replied Sep 18, 2012 to A little story on the Chicago PBS station about Cigar Box instruments . . .

7 Sep 19, 2012
Reply by Dave Rogers

"I know this thread has gone quiet, but thought I'd chime in late.  I mark my fretboa…"

Diane in Chicago replied Aug 19, 2012 to position markers?

22 Aug 21, 2012
Reply by David Lynch

"I second Strumelia's advice.  I found a handful of people I like to play with at my…"

Diane in Chicago replied Jun 9, 2012 to Starting a weekly jam session, please give me some tips.

47 Sep 15, 2012
Reply by Dana R. McCall

"Thanks for the side shots -- I love that floating tail!"

Diane in Chicago replied May 12, 2012 to YARD SALE FIND!!!!

24 May 14, 2012
Reply by Dana R. McCall

"Don't know how you are holding the noter, but some folks rotate the wrist one more 1…"

Diane in Chicago replied Dec 29, 2011 to problem holding noter

9 Dec 30, 2011
Reply by Ken Hulme

"To play in different keys, you'll have to retune.  If you join a fiddle jam that has…"

Diane in Chicago replied Dec 1, 2011 to Playing in a Jam....

14 Dec 26, 2011
Reply by Strumelia

"I can make positive or negative looks with my eyes (which are likely misunderstood)…"

Diane in Chicago replied Oct 29, 2011 to Being able to talk and play at the same time

5 Nov 4, 2011
Reply by Mary Z. Cox

"I would hold off on the gluing down.  If you decided to change strings again later o…"

Diane in Chicago replied Aug 8, 2011 to Moveable bridge

6 Aug 8, 2011
Reply by Scott Allen

"I think what they say about all cookie tin instruments is, "It sounds great -- consi…"

Diane in Chicago replied Jul 5, 2011 to My newest build...

23 Jul 24, 2011
Reply by Robin Thompson

RSS

SINGLE INSTRUCTOR WORKSHOPS, Performances, Band Gigs & Special Club Event NOTICES

Offering some special workshops? Performing at a gig? A Dulcimer Club activity? List your SINGLE INSTRUCTOR Special Event or workshop- CLICK HERE!

The Inspired Volunteer FOTMD Welcoming Commitee of the month!

3 CHEERS to members

Jim Fawcett

Karen Keane

John Wood

R N Lacky

Louis Stivali

Kenneth Longfield

Benjamin Barr

John Keane
...For warmly greeting new members and making them feel welcome here on FOTMD!

=============

Visit Strumelia's Beginner Noter-Drone dulcimer Blog

I have a main blog for Traditional style mountain dulcimer playing here: Mountain Dulcimer Noter-drone Blog This is an old style of playing where you only fret your notes on the melody string, while letting the drones strings ring open. In my blog, I express my personal views about playing, I offer free TAB and free beginner videos, and I try to help beginners understand in a very basic simple way the 'mysteries' of playing the mountain dulcimer in traditional modal noter/drone style.

© 2014   Created by Strumelia.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service