Friends of the Mountain Dulcimer

Appalachian mountain dulcimer players- make friends, share, learn to play- Free!

Instruments- discussing specific features, luthiers, instrument problems & questions (144)

Discussions Replies What everyone's up to!...

Your story about rescuing damaged dulcimers

As a luthier, I've run across several dulcimers that have needed major repairs done.  Some of them were my own!  I think of the time I spra…

Started by John C. Knopf

1 Sep 26, 2014
Reply by John Henry

Looking for info on a dulcimer maker

Hello all, thanks for the welcome. I've recently started playing dulcimer again after about a 15 year absence - turned out an undiagnosed b…

Started by Kythryne Aisling

6 Sep 25, 2014
Reply by joe sanguinette

How difficult is it to lower a single fret?

Hi. I live in a small town with no luthier that I know of. I recently got a very nice dulcimer off eBay. It is really wonderful in all way…

Started by Travis

8 Sep 2, 2014
Reply by tony johnson

Ginger model

Could someone giveme the overall measurement of this dulcimer? I know the fretboard measurement but am looking for the eight tip to tip

Started by sandra hehl

1 Sep 1, 2014
Reply by James Phillips

Sweetie mini dulcimer

Does anyone have this dulcimer? Do you know the difference in sound and volume between the sweetie and the sweetie church style. I am looki…

Started by sandra hehl

4 Aug 30, 2014
Reply by Kristi Keller

Hughes Mountain Dulcimers

As many of you know Hughes Dulcimer Co out of Denver, was owned by the legendary Hughes brothers Virgil and Norman, who made dulcimers an…

Started by Ken Hulme

5 Aug 26, 2014
Reply by Jerry Holman

Looking for Info on Laurel Mountain Dulcimers

Has anyone had any contact recently with this dulcimer maker? I have tried emails and phone calls with no success. Was thinking about order…

Started by sandra hehl

1 Aug 18, 2014
Reply by Gail Beausoleil

Buying a hourdrop

I recently saw an hourdrop dulcimer on this site and fell in love with it. I would like to buy one but I don't know what features I should…

Started by Karen Pounds

6 Aug 13, 2014
Reply by Terry Evans

Does wood make a difference?

I'm going to be buying my very first dulcimer, from Jim & Brenda Good of Mastertone. The choices are: lemonwood with wenge trim, poplar…

Started by Denise Holden

13 Aug 11, 2014
Reply by Dwain Wilder

Tips on a Homer Ledford

Just got a 1979 Ledford that I bought on ebay.  I have a few questions. What sting gauge should I use...right now there are 4 strings...the…

Started by Pamela Rossetti

8 Aug 8, 2014
Reply by Pamela Rossetti

RSS

SINGLE INSTRUCTOR WORKSHOPS, Performances, Band Gigs & Special Club Event NOTICES

Offering some special workshops? Performing at a gig? A Dulcimer Club activity? List your SINGLE INSTRUCTOR Special Event or workshop- CLICK HERE!

Festivals/Events

The Inspired Volunteer FOTMD Welcoming Commitee of the month!

3 CHEERS to members

Jim Fawcett

Karen Keane

John Wood

R N Lacky

Louis Stivali

Kenneth Longfield

Benjamin Barr

John Keane
...For warmly greeting new members and making them feel welcome here on FOTMD!

=============

© 2015   Created by Strumelia.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service