Friends of the Mountain Dulcimer

Appalachian mountain dulcimer players- make friends, share, learn to play- Free!

Instruments- discussing specific features, luthiers, instrument problems & questions (218)

Discussions Replies What everyone's up to!...

Vintage McSpadden and Tuning

Hi All. I just picked up a vintage McSpadden. It's a 1988 M-12S (mahogany with a spruce top). It was made by George Looney. It's in great s…

Started by DulcimerDean

4 Mar 13
Reply by Kenneth W. Longfield

Cripple Creek Dulcimer problems

Big mistake:  I let my heart rule my head when I saw a beautiful photo of a short Cripple Creek dulcimer and bought it without playing it…

Started by Siggie Stillman

30 Mar 6
Reply by Elise McGuinness Anderson

Would this used McSpadden MD be a good choice for me?

As mentioned in my other post today, I've been looking for a dulcimer to learn to play. Just now, a Craigslist poster that I'd given up hop…

Started by J. McKelvey

10 Mar 3
Reply by J. McKelvey

Hoping to learn more about these ...

Hello = I'm new here, and looking for a new MD to get me started. I'm mostly wanting to play traditional Irish and American tunes, especia…

Started by J. McKelvey

4 Mar 2
Reply by J. McKelvey

Tuners

Hello, Does anyone know of a high quality tuner that shows the octive you are in? I already have a few nice ones, but they don't show the o…

Started by Terry Evans

11 Mar 2
Reply by Terry Evans

Sweetwoods Performance Model

Hello Folks, Does anyone have any first hand experience with the Sweetwoods Performance Model? I have always been a Folkcraft fan, but thou…

Started by Terry Evans

6 Mar 1
Reply by Terry Evans

Carole Vorce Dulcimers

Hi All. Just wondering if anyone has heard of Carole Vorce Dulcimers. I saw one on eBay that looks really nice and was wondering how they w…

Started by DulcimerDean

0 Feb 14

Your thoughts on Ron Gibsons Kentucky MD

Hello, I ama already looking towards a better and prettier dulcimer than my student model. Was wondering if anyone knows much about the qua…

Started by Helen Seiler

10 Feb 12
Reply by Linda Woodworth

finally got it!

My Folkcraft all-hickory teardrop dulcimer arrived today and it has been worth the wait! Looks beautiful and sounds great. The fit and fini…

Started by Steven Berger

8 Feb 10
Reply by David R. Brown

wood to make instrument

Where do I purchase wood for sound board and the other needed to build dulcimer?

Started by Sonny Armintrout

1 Feb 8
Reply by Dan Goad

RSS

SINGLE INSTRUCTOR WORKSHOPS, Performances, Band Gigs & Special Club Event NOTICES

Offering some special workshops? Performing at a gig? A Dulcimer Club activity? List your SINGLE INSTRUCTOR Special Event or workshop- CLICK HERE!

The Inspired Volunteer FOTMD Welcoming Commitee of the month!

3 CHEERS to members

Jim Fawcett

Karen Keane

John Wood

R N Lacky

Louis Stivali

Kenneth Longfield

Benjamin Barr

John Keane
...For warmly greeting new members and making them feel welcome here on FOTMD!

=============

Visit Strumelia's Beginner Noter-Drone dulcimer Blog

I have a main blog for Traditional style mountain dulcimer playing here: Mountain Dulcimer Noter-drone Blog This is an old style of playing where you only fret your notes on the melody string, while letting the drones strings ring open. In my blog, I express my personal views about playing, I offer free TAB and free beginner videos, and I try to help beginners understand in a very basic simple way the 'mysteries' of playing the mountain dulcimer in traditional modal noter/drone style.

© 2014   Created by Strumelia.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service